Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ammo for future battles against me. (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=148612)

john hensley 06-02-2021 08:14 PM

Ammo for future battles against me.

Today was my first AA meeting, I've had issues for alcohol for quite some time, but the covid lockdowns made it extremely bad.

I was making like 60-75k from 2015 to 2020, then all the alcoholism and drama with my wife got out of hand. We broke up, I had to move. She took the dog.

There's more, Gma, who raised me from 8 years old, when my mom was killed by a cop in Tacoma, she passed away and I had to help her through her dying days. It was wild to watch someone die slow. I've seen people die quickly before but not from slow hospice care.

That didn't help the drinking.

For 3 months I was the worst version of myself I could imagine

But I started AA, and an alcohol medication called naltrexone.

It's the best day I've had in awhile. Seems to help.

God Bless.

UPN Zuch 06-02-2021 08:20 PM

I am recovering from substance abuse as well. 4 years this past February.

Never shared that here before. Keep it up.

Blue Bayou 06-02-2021 09:23 PM

I'm gay

Amen 06-02-2021 09:23 PM

Where is gamble with the suboxones for ya’ll.

Answer 06-02-2021 09:27 PM

I was court-mandated to go to meetings for 6 months after a DUI in 2013. I’d like to be part of a community that supports that goal of sobriety in a way that fits me and my personality but AA is just too religious and their definition of agonisticism is still too spiritual for me. Even the frequency of socializing is too much, I’m not trying to go out to meetings 5+ nights a week like most of those people do. But I’ve seen it work well for many people, so if it can keep you sober, keep at it.

UPN Zuch 06-02-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Answer (Post 805586)
I was court-mandated to go to meetings for 6 months after a DUI in 2013. I’d like to be part of a community that supports that goal of sobriety in a way that fits me and my personality but AA is just too religious and their definition of agonisticism is still too spiritual for me. Even the frequency of socializing is too much, I’m not trying to go out to meetings 5+ nights a week like most of those people do. But I’ve seen it work well for many people, so if it can keep you sober, keep at it.

Yeah, they SAY it’s about spirituality and not religion, but then they do prayer at the start and finish, and every person claims Jesus is their higher power so yeah. Not fooling me.

john hensley 06-02-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Answer (Post 805586)

I noticed that today. If you aren't into Jesus I can see it being hard to open up to. Mine was a zoom meeting and not very religious based, they did start with the serenity prayer, but that's pretty short lol. I can get u into the zoom group I'm apart of, after 1 day I'm impressed.

Ghost1 06-02-2021 11:36 PM

Is this how u hurt ur back?

Lepreshaun 06-03-2021 12:41 AM

He has a compressed dick you dumb bitch

Saint 06-03-2021 03:12 AM

Yea AA has def helped people, no question. although I've heard the statistics are the same for ppl who gone w/o it & got clean.

Had a roommate w/ similar problems..but check ur PMs bro

Amen 06-03-2021 06:12 AM

Religion for drug addicts is the necessary crutch needed.

Often - they go from one extreme to the next - using heavy to extremely religious when trying to maintain sobriety.

W/e helps and works for you - continue to do. There’s a great life out there waiting for you. It starts with digging deep and finding happiness.

UPN Zuch 06-03-2021 06:58 AM

The AA move is to make it seem like it’s not religious and that it’s laid back and chill, then when you get in and involved it becomes a part of your daily routine and then it kind of evolves into a religious experience. Next thing you know you are getting the coffee for the morning meeting and doing open talks and going to church. Some of the best people I’ve ever met are ones I met when I used to go to meetings regularly a few years ago. I’m still in contact with some of those people today. It’s a great community, however there are still toxic people in the program too you just have to be careful when you’re picking your people that you want to be a part of your life, ie sponsor, etc.

KempoMRK 06-03-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john hensley (Post 805578)
Today was my first AA meeting, I've had issues for alcohol for quite some time, but the covid lockdowns made it extremely bad.

I was making like 60-75k from 2015 to 2020, then all the alcoholism and drama with my wife got out of hand. We broke up, I had to move. She took the dog.

There's more, Gma, who raised me from 8 years old, when my mom was killed by a cop in Tacoma, she passed away and I had to help her through her dying days. It was wild to watch someone die slow. I've seen people die quickly before but not from slow hospice care.

That didn't help the drinking.

For 3 months I was the worst version of myself I could imagine

But I started AA, and an alcohol medication called naltrexone.

It's the best day I've had in awhile. Seems to help.

God Bless.

Goddamn Hensley, hope you're doing alright my friend.

dull boy 06-03-2021 07:43 AM

Hi John

Glad you’re admitting it’s a problem and getting help. Agree with pretty much everything Zuch said about AA. Been attending AA/NA meetings since I was a kid. Life’s hard. Hope it sticks.

Thanks for sharing

Look up this app called 10% Happier. Pay the $100 and do it every day.

She took the dog lol

Barcotic 06-03-2021 07:56 AM

No worries bro, there won't be many future battles

Orc 06-03-2021 10:07 AM

Hope it continues to work for you bro

Don’t end up like Frac (concierge) or Grip (woman)

~RustyGunZ~ 06-03-2021 10:34 AM

Was the cancer a metaphor for her taking the dog? I’m confused

UPN Zuch 06-03-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orc (Post 805615)
Hope it continues to work for you bro

Don’t end up like Frac (concierge) or Grip (woman)

Lol

Phorce 06-03-2021 11:41 AM

Good for you, bro. Get a sponsor and stick with the meetings even if you’re feeling better. If you’re really struggling with not drinking, check out Antabuse to help keep you from drinking. It’ll fuck you up if you drink on it.

Cheers (whoops lol)

Bomb Bard 06-03-2021 12:14 PM

Pussies