Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   "Two Americas"??? Y'all heard about this? (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=139340)

Finnydot 01-11-2019 07:20 PM

"Two Americas"??? Y'all heard about this?

Espn asked if there are two Americas (black/white) are the Cowboys still "black America's" team?

The question is irrelevant, but it got me wondering. Since when are we separating white/black America? Like, this is tolerated journalism?

Zaddy 01-11-2019 07:23 PM

Libertarians are all for race segregation, ask them.

Witty 01-11-2019 07:44 PM

It sells.

uh-oh 01-11-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zunto (Post 721945)
Libertarians are all for race segregation, ask them.

liberals*

~RustyGunZ~ 01-11-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 721959)
liberals*

Preach

Master Rock 01-11-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnydot (Post 721944)
Espn asked if there are two Americas (black/white) are the Cowboys still "black America's" team?

The question is irrelevant, but it got me wondering. Since when are we separating white/black America? Like, this is tolerated journalism?

Yo, post the vid or the link because that is some wild lip. My question would be what statistics do they have to back this up or is it based on assumptions or personal experiences? Because it can be a subjective matter which can be considered null.

Chill Phil 01-12-2019 01:20 AM

It's not a new concept that it's separate. They're just more willing to push the divide due to a narrative that's been underlying for decades. Take a look at what happened in Tulsa a few decades ago. That particular city was considered "Black Wall Street," where tons of black businesses were Beginning to thrive. It had a bank, a school, a church and various other businesses that are required to promote growth. Either way...they call it a "riot," but 36 blocks of Black Wall Street were destroyed after being firebombed FROM THE AIR.

Niggas aren't allowed to be empowered or independent...while also not being allowed to integrate.

Finnydot 01-12-2019 04:11 AM

I get it, Phil. I do. But millions of people suffer everyday. We in America can go to McDonald's and find sustenance for a dollar. We have people driving Bentleys, but we also have people still driving 1987 Aerostars. We've got a cascade of races and colors, faiths, sexual orientation, and in any flavor you can think of. America, besides Trump, is a pretty bad ass place to live. The fact they brought up such a profound concept and it was recognized as a well-received opinion bothered me. No, none of my ancestors were slaves. None of my ancestors owned slaves. My great great grandparents were from Germany, Scotland, and Norway. I have no real history, I dont know their lives. My Grandfather on my mother's side was in the Navy, my dad's dad was a paratrooper. Both served in WW2 trying to stop the most evil man in History. When they came home, they both married and lived clean Mormon lifestyles. They were both good men. My mother has 6 siblings, my father 5. Most of my cousins are all north western Americans and I have an aunt and some cousins who live in Mexico.

Me, personally, ive spent enough of my life in rough(er) neighborhoods and have avoided trouble by keeping to myself and respecting the environment I was in. I was told when i was younger thar black people are like bees, you leave them alone... They'll leave you alone. And that's pretty much been my experience. Sure, I love to shoot the shit as much as the next guy, but i learned never to use the N-word and know my place in conversations. Its worked great. A long the way I've had some really great friends who never had a leg up in the world and they taught me a lot.

I no way am i claiming that I know what anyone else but myself has gone through. I know I'm not black. But i know plenty of my black friends, one who has 7 kids from 6 baby mamas (no lie) and HE doesn't pay as much as me in child support.

The guy in question had no regard for most of those kids for a long time. He's my age, at 32. I had my won out of wedlock at 26. And i wanted nothing more than to be a dad. But my problem was I couldnt hold down a job. That cost me my family.

Do I share a few talking points with my buddy? Sure. Does that mean i understand EVERYTHING about his life? Not at all. Dude has been to more funerals for childhood friends and family than I had members in my family die of natural causes. Does he win in how hard his life has been? Probably. But who says its about winning and losing anymore?

We're all fighting to survive. I enjoy the sporting events and video games and other pleasures America has that I can afford. Am I happy? Not really. But i know I'm fortunate. And way beyond pointing fingers at people for the problems I created for myself. The issue is learning how to, and having the strength to overcome.

In a time when everyone is so skidding about who is who and who said what... I'm thankful that I dont see things that way.

Why does race even matter in fandom? We're ALL fortunate to have football this weekend. That's my point.

Finnydot 01-12-2019 04:11 AM

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25737991

Video

Finnydot 01-12-2019 04:20 AM

Sidenote: was talking to my roommate about people who quit smoking, say they don't smoke, tell you not to smoke because it's bad for you, but ALWAYS bum cigarettes when they drink.

There's people who say "I dont eat McDonald's". If you hadn't eaten in 2 days and only had $1.11 and passed a MCDonald's, you'd think about it.

We have so many advantages here people take for granted all the time.

I used to have a $300/no cable bill when I was 21. I had my first place, was making good money.

I think about that a lot these days... What I could have done with it. How I would have done it different.

Perspective is everything.

Amen 01-12-2019 09:20 AM

What you did yesterday or anytime before that doesn't matter anymore.

Focus on what you can do today that will help secure tomorrow for you.

Yesterday and tomorrow does not matter. Today does.

Yesterday is behind you and tomorrow isn't promised.

uh-oh 01-12-2019 10:07 AM

two americas exist because of democratic (liberal) policies that paint and perpetuate make believe differences between races. from the minimum wage to the welfare state to affirmative action, everything that is perpetuated to be there to help the misfortunate only further put them in a hole. even if it is legit coming from a good place it is completely misguided and fails them. what you see today is the product of decades upon decades of the process playing out, resulting in the near destruction of the black family unit and the reinforcement of undeserved hopelessness that plagues black america

Answer 01-12-2019 10:48 AM

tl;dr news should not be subsidized by viewership

Destroyer 01-12-2019 12:06 PM

I just... no.

Pharaohs Army 01-12-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 721993)
the minimum wage...perpetuated to be there to help the misfortunate only further put them in a hole.

you think the minimum wage puts people in a hole?
that doesn't make sense

Pharaohs Army 01-12-2019 02:24 PM

then again you believe in trickle-down economics so i guess i shouldn't be too surprised.

Pharaohs Army 01-12-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chill Phil (Post 721981)
36 blocks of Black Wall Street were destroyed after being firebombed FROM THE AIR.

I call BS.
This would have been national news, and don't tell me anything about a coverup.

If 36 blocks of a city are firebombed that gets national attention.

EDIT:
Okay I didn't know you were talking about 1921. I thought you were talking recent history. I googled it and there were race riots and destruction in '21.

uh-oh 01-12-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army (Post 722002)
you think the minimum wage puts people in a hole?
that doesn't make sense

the institution of the minimum wage directly hurt black people in america. when it was brought about the majority of low wage jobs were filled by black americans whose cost of living was low enough for those low paying jobs to make sense. the problem was white people were having trouble finding jobs, specifically entry level low paying jobs. with minimum wage going into effect, business owners were more likely to hire a white person and pay them the minimum wage than a black person, this led to a huge drop in employment for black people.

this is all facts btw that can be found in studies, its not opinion. whether democrats/liberals pushing for this meant good or bad isn't the point. i don't think they did it nefariously they just did it because on paper it sounds good. people should be payed X amount.

thats the problem when you operate off of emotion instead of logic.

the same goes with affirmative action. you got black people who get let into prestigious colleges who don't have the grades and education behind them for them to succeed at said college, so they wash out. meanwhile they couldve went to a university more appropriate to their education level and succeeded.

then you have the welfare state incentivizing failure, if you make too much money you don't receive benefits, having a two parent household makes it more difficult to meet the requirements to receive said benefits, if a single mother has more kids she receives more benefits, that is more human beings being raised in fatherless enviornments destined to fail and perpetuate the cycle

all of these are liberal/democratic policies intended to help which only harm. the problem with the left is they want to help people who are poor. the right wants to help poor people lift THEMSELVES out of poverty.

every well intentioned policy has negative effects to go along with the positives.

Pharaohs Army 01-12-2019 02:58 PM

well this isn't 1971 anymore.

I'd argue that minimum wage actually helps some black families because employers have a certain wage floor as opposed to paying peanuts.

Finnydot 01-12-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army (Post 722009)
well this isn't 1971 anymore.

I'd argue that minimum wage actually helps some black families because employers have a certain wage floor as opposed to paying peanuts.

Except minimum wage has never matched the cost of decent living.