Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thoughts on WRESTLEMANIA 34? (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=127624)

Lyfzaa Gamble 04-09-2018 10:32 PM

Thoughts on WRESTLEMANIA 34?

what y'all think?

MMLP 04-10-2018 06:00 AM

First half of the show (post pre show) was awesome action... aj/nakamura fell flat but loved the heel turn

Charlotte/asuka was match of the night imho

Undertaker rising was epic, proper nostalgic! Bryan and rousey smashed it aswell

Amen 04-10-2018 08:21 AM

WWF >>>>>>>>>>>>>> WWE

sral 04-10-2018 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMLP (Post 656928)
First half of the show (post pre show) was awesome action... aj/nakamura fell flat but loved the heel turn

Charlotte/asuka was match of the night imho

Undertaker rising was epic, proper nostalgic! Bryan and rousey smashed it aswell

thought you said Styles/Nakamura was a classic?

Allen Knight 04-10-2018 01:16 PM

Ur crazy styles & nakamura was dope, also seth rollins match was good.

cedric & ali was a dope match also.

BodySnatcher 04-10-2018 01:19 PM

y'all watch wrestling still? I haven't watch that shit since '99

Allen Knight 04-10-2018 01:25 PM

i watch wrestlemania, but i dont follow it, like other sports i dont follow hockey but i'll watch the stanley cup.

Amen 04-10-2018 01:35 PM

What's wrong with watching wrestling? It's entertainment. What do you watch? Jersey Shore? House Wives of Atlanta? Teen mom?

IDK man... Honestly, it's better then watching a lot of the garbage aired on TV, IMO. Other then a few documentaries and The walking Dead/Fear the Walking dead - nothing really grabs my attention anymore.

Wrestling always been corny after I turned like 13 or w/e because I realized it was fake but growing up you had the attitude era which was probably WWF at it's all time best, Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, HHH, Undertaker and Kane beefs... NOw you have people trying to fill big shoes to live up to the level of entertainment they provided back then.

MMLP 04-10-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sraL (Post 656951)
thought you said Styles/Nakamura was a classic?

Should of been on last. Didn't live up to its 5star billing. Solid 4star match thou

BodySnatcher 04-10-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amen (Post 656993)
What's wrong with watching wrestling? It's entertainment. What do you watch? Jersey Shore? House Wives of Atlanta? Teen mom?

LOL. Don't make an ass of yourself by assuming. Keep that shit in the toilet son.

Anyways... I'm into Walking Dead although it's getting old
Legion
The Terror
GOT
Stranger Things
Atlanta
Fargo
Westworld
Into the Badlands
Silicon Valley
Real Sports

Prolly a few I'm forgetting but you get the gist. My girl doesn't even watch them shits son. LOL. She watches The Magicians, Get Away with Murder, Supernatural.

@Allen Knight I fuck with that statement 100%

~RustyGunZ~ 04-10-2018 10:26 PM

My brother in law follows this stuff. I cannot comprehend how people enjoy it.

GUDELJ 04-10-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knucklehead (Post 657156)
I cannot comprehend how people enjoy it.

bleak 04-11-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen Knight (Post 656988)
Ur crazy styles & nakamura was dope, also seth rollins match was good.

cedric & ali was a dope match also.

Styles & Nak was victim of its own hype. Nothing they could have done would have lived up to the hype built around it. They shouldn't have used "dream match" in the promos. I liked the match but that's the reason ppl think it fell flat. Rollins match was great his entrance was cool. Learning from HHH, presentation is everything.

Cedric/Ali was great but you can't recreate HBK/Flair on the preshow

Rousey had a great match, both women's titles were good.

The fans were never gonna allow Roman and Brock to have a great match. Watch that shit on mute tho and tell me it wasn't good.

#WeWantNicholas

Ghost1 04-11-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knucklehead (Post 657156)
My brother in law follows this stuff. I cannot comprehend how people enjoy it.

shouldn't really be that difficult to understand tho....? its an ongoing television show with (arguably lol) complex relationships and inner working storylines based on (arguably so again) interesting characters.

the actual wrestling itself plays a backseat role entirely.

I haven't watched pro wrestling in years and don't have any interest to currently but the Monday night wars were and are some of the most entertaining pieces of television history to me personally ever.

~RustyGunZ~ 04-11-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost1 (Post 657234)
shouldn't really be that difficult to understand tho....? its an ongoing television show with (arguably lol) complex relationships and inner working storylines based on (arguably so again) interesting characters.

the actual wrestling itself plays a backseat role entirely.

I haven't watched pro wrestling in years and don't have any interest to currently but the Monday night wars were and are some of the most entertaining pieces of television history to me personally ever.

That can be said about literally anything on television. I’m saying I don’t understand how it’s enjoyable to a normal human. I get the nostalgia or whatever, but that doesn’t make me watch Pokémon every Monday night. It’d be one thing if the wrestling/fighting was real and the drama was fake but it’s just all so obnoxiously staged and stupid.

Amen 04-11-2018 11:13 AM

Word, only time I watch is when the kids are watching and asks me to watch with him. My 13 year old is watching it less and less but the 8 year old loves it.

I'll never willingly put the shit on and watch it, tho lol...

Shit's mad corny lol...

Ghost1 04-11-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knucklehead (Post 657236)
That can be said about literally anything on television. I’m saying I don’t understand how it’s enjoyable to a normal human. I get the nostalgia or whatever, but that doesn’t make me watch Pokémon every Monday night. It’d be one thing if the wrestling/fighting was real and the drama was fake but it’s just all so obnoxiously staged and stupid.

exactly. case and point.

just because you don't enjoy it shouldn't make it difficult for you to see why others do if you look at it objectively.

again I don't watch this shit these days but I don't watch tv period.

saying u don't get why people watch wrestling then going out to see every marvel comics movie that comes out and having the audacity to disparage wrestling for being fake is crazy my guy lol.

wrestling doesn't pretend to be real any more than marvel does.

ur smarter than this homie

Enbombz 04-11-2018 11:24 AM

It's great for children.

Kill Spree 04-11-2018 12:06 PM

Peeped that Andre the giant documentary last night it was pretty wild

BodySnatcher 04-11-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killing Spree (Post 657248)
Peeped that Andre the giant documentary last night it was pretty wild

That shit looked dope.