Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   HW Boxing (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=127255)

ACTIVATE SELF 03-04-2018 03:29 PM

HW Boxing

Yo, did anyone else here watch the Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz fight last night?

Wilder can be one sloppy lookin ass boxer at times OR maybe unorthodox is a better word to use. Regardless, he had some nice slips here and there, and being the devastating puncher that he is, he's always exciting to watch. Ortiz had some good moments, but I think he's just too far past his prime to really hang with a young bomber such as Wilder.

sral 03-04-2018 03:32 PM

Wilder vs Joshua need to happen soon

the HW division as a whole pretty boring to me tbh

ACTIVATE SELF 03-04-2018 03:38 PM

Watch the fight , fam. It was an instant classic.

But word. That would be the biggest HW fight in near a decade and some change.

Kill Spree 03-04-2018 03:47 PM

@Amen

El Muffin 03-04-2018 03:51 PM

Wilder fucked him up at the end yo

Those punches had some velocity on em oh boy

Ortiz took em like a boss tho ...even getting tko d the way he did was impressive

Nick James 03-04-2018 03:52 PM

is lennox lewis still the champ?

Miocic head shots ftw

Clout 03-04-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF (Post 646654)
Yo, did anyone else here watch the Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz fight last night?

Wilder can be one sloppy lookin ass boxer at times OR maybe unorthodox is a better word to use. Regardless, he had some nice slips here and there, and being the devastating puncher that he is, he's always exciting to watch. Ortiz had some good moments, but I think he's just too far past his prime to really hang with a young bomber such as Wilder.

He sucks in the boxing skill/fundamental department YES SUCKS. But his ATHLETICISM is amazing. His power is god given and unmatched and terrifies every boxer in all divisions.

Ortiz is great boxing skill/fundamentally wise he is from the Cuban system. Amazing boxer and one he'll of a hard puncher.

Deontay answered every question out there on him. He has a granite chin and great stamina. He already went 12 rds to win the belt with stiverne. He went 9 rounds without any fatigue showing with spilka. He can take not just take a PUNCH but punches! cus ortiz was throwing combos in the 7th. The guy is so inexperienced he didn't even put his hands up haha he just shook his head no and ate every punch ortiz threw while stunned and clearly on his last leg.

Joshua vs wilder is unpredictable. I just have this feeling wilder knocks my fellow non American light skinned brother out. I've seen joshua hurt so many times. Where wilder was only really clearly hurt bad from a renowned hard puncher yes renowned hard puncher in Luis ortiz. Ortiz can hit hard that's been always held in praise along with his amateur pedigree.

Clout 03-04-2018 04:01 PM

I like joshua more than wilder but wilder is just a special fighter. Joshua has the skills from his amateur and is better boxer but he is not the better fighter. Deontay is a scary scrawny man. Haha he sat there and forgot how to hold a high guard and ate every damn punch ortiz threw in the 7th. thank God he smothered ortiz in a clinch. With 20 seconds left to go.

The man has heart beyond measure as does Ortiz. You gotta understand us boxing fans of the sweet science know deontay is flawed but how he over comes his own flaws and opponents strengths is what makes him so fun to watch.

Clout 03-04-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muff (Post 646671)
Wilder fucked him up at the end yo

Those punches had some velocity on em oh boy

Ortiz took em like a boss tho ...even getting tko d the way he did was impressive

Hi little muffin

ACTIVATE SELF 03-04-2018 04:12 PM

Well, damn, Clout. Thanks for not leaving me anything else to saying. But, I agree with your entire assessment.

I think Wilder beats Joshua as well.

El Muffin 03-04-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clout (Post 646678)
Hi little muffin

Suppp

Eŋg 03-04-2018 04:19 PM

deontay is a slopfest but he can crack. there is a push behind him because of the dearth of decent American heavyweights in recent years, a far cry from its golden era.

Tyson fury is the best HW on the planet. but he's a fat gypsy who neither England not Ireland want so nobody cares. also he the realest.

Clout 03-04-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF (Post 646682)
Well, damn, Clout. Thanks for not leaving me anything else to saying. But, I agree with your entire assessment.

I think Wilder beats Joshua as well.

I love boxing I do my best to give all insight that can be discussed or shared. I don't troll or respect anyone who dares troll in this kind of convo. It's a sport people might not live through the first punch. No I'm not saying you were trolling lol. just saying I take it seriously bcause ppl can be seriously hurt in this sport. We owe them that kind of respect.

I will always come correct and on point in boxing threads. If you get into it with me You will not get the dub.because I speak from watching films on the Willie peps and sugar ray robinsons to actual participation within the squared circle.

Anyone with the courage to enter a combat sport has garnered my respect and every courtesy alotted

Amen 03-04-2018 04:25 PM

Great stamina? Lmao dude was washed and weak in the knees with his back to the ropes after 4 rounds.

Dude has power no technical form what so ever. Terrible fight... Ortiz would have won had it gone the distance.

sral 03-04-2018 04:26 PM

Agreed @Clout

My heart would want Joshua to win, but my head says Wilder

sral 03-04-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eŋg (Post 646685)
deontay is a slopfest but he can crack. there is a push behind him because of the dearth of decent American heavyweights in recent years, a far cry from its golden era.

Tyson fury is the best HW on the planet. but he's a fat gypsy who neither England not Ireland want so nobody cares. also he the realest.

fury not the best by a long shot lol

come off it

Clout 03-04-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eŋg (Post 646685)

Tyson fury is his own worst enemy. He is the best of the 3 headed monster. But wilder has the best chance out of him and joshua to win. That's because he is more athletic and faster than fury so fury cant out move him. Plus as you said no one can take that power and Tyson has been knocked down by nonpunchers. Imagine if wild lands that kind of shit.

But agreed I favor Tyson fury who beat klitchko over both. But wilder can win easily with literally one punch ..fury doesn't block well he slips well.

Amen 03-04-2018 04:29 PM

Gone @ Tyson Fury the best...

On that note.....

ACTIVATE SELF 03-04-2018 04:29 PM

So whats your opinion Errol Spence Jr.?

Clout 03-04-2018 04:30 PM

Thats the thing when i say wilder beats anyone its not cause he has the skills of floud mayweather its because he has the power of a prime tyson/liston/hearns/foreman and ernie shavers combined