Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So I finally saw the newest Fantastic Four (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=123301)

Witty 03-28-2016 09:53 PM

So I finally saw the newest Fantastic Four

And thoroughly enjoyed it, contrary to general consensus.

Am I missing something?

Mr. J 03-28-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witty (Post 575782)
Am I missing something?

a brain..

Certain 03-28-2016 10:09 PM

Witty, the Fantastic Four are my favorite superhero team. And that movie was garbage.

SHECK WES 03-28-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witty (Post 575782)
Am I missing something?

Taste

Witty 03-28-2016 10:13 PM

Good opinions. Nobody has explained why.

Witty 03-28-2016 10:15 PM

Btw one of the only opinions I respect on here in regards to comic books and their movie cousins is @Certain....so my question is directed toward him.

Certain 03-28-2016 10:20 PM

The movie was rushed out, and it shows. The plot was not tight or exciting enough. The dialogue was clumsy. The big thing for me is they wasted Dr. Doom. They made Dr. Doom boring, or at least, they made his plan boring. Basically, the actors were good enough that they could pull off a solid sequel, but the movie itself was so bad that they may not get that chance.

I sound too much like a film critic. The second half of the movie sucked, and the first half was just exposition that everyone already knows.

Witty 03-28-2016 10:40 PM

I agree the dialogue was not good, but many good movies have terrible dialogue...I enjoyed the characters above all else. Give me good characters and I'm usually sold on a movie.

Certain 03-28-2016 11:08 PM

The casting was good.

Useless 03-28-2016 11:50 PM

It wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Orc 03-29-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certain (Post 575805)
The casting was good.

What were your thoughts on BvS?

dull boy 03-29-2016 11:27 AM

I wasn't horrifyingly disgusted when I came out of Fantastic Four. It was clumsy and the dialog was horrendous at times, but critics make a living by taking a hard stance and creating some sort of dramatic narrative for their piece. It's a problem when public perception seems so tied to publicized critic's views.

I liked the story's guts, for the most part and hope they say fuck it and continue on.

Urban Dialect 03-29-2016 02:23 PM

it seemed forced from a comic book and story line prospective..making Jonny Storm black and still having a white sister seemed Odd.
entertainment value is there, any movie were kids get special powers is all ways fun

Certain 03-29-2016 07:25 PM

I haven't seen Batman v. Superman.

Barcotic 03-30-2016 01:27 PM

cringe worthy, I hated it

unless u literally see blur/need glasses, I couldn't see how anybody could like it

Witty 03-30-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Dialect (Post 575864)
it seemed forced from a comic book and story line prospective..making Jonny Storm black and still having a white sister seemed Odd.
entertainment value is there, any movie were kids get special powers is all ways fun

Except she was adopted and that was thoroughly explained?

@Barcotic...I have great vision and know all of the comic storylines and still enjoyed the movie...perhaps it's safe to say your opinion is not always correct?

Witty 03-30-2016 04:46 PM

I say that because for you to say unless anyone has a physical defect they should agree with you is simply retarded. I'm not saying you are retarded...thought I wouldn't rule that out, but your statement was.

Witty 03-30-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dull boy (Post 575850)
I wasn't horrifyingly disgusted when I came out of Fantastic Four. It was clumsy and the dialog was horrendous at times, but critics make a living by taking a hard stance and creating some sort of dramatic narrative for their piece. It's a problem when public perception seems so tied to publicized critic's views.

I liked the story's guts, for the most part and hope they say fuck it and continue on.

I agree, and they will.

Batty 03-30-2016 05:33 PM

I think that it proved critics are fuccbois with a mob mentality. I mean, they jumped up and down on that shit like champion primates way before it ever even came out.

Of course it wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't as bad as all of the copycat hipster reviews made it out to be.

Mainly they fucked up Dr. Doom and that shit is unforgivable, regardless.

I think it's a case of the whole system failing, the director wanted to disown it immediately once the reviews came out because the studio made some of the shitty decisions (according to him).

I still like it way better than those corny ass ones that came before it.

Barcotic 03-30-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witty (Post 576010)
I say that because for you to say unless anyone has a physical defect they should agree with you is simply retarded. I'm not saying you are retarded...thought I wouldn't rule that out, but your statement was.

I said that bcuz the cgi was so bad that one would literally have to see w/ some sort of blur to think otherwise