Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Comedians thread (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143512)

Dope girl 06-09-2020 10:21 AM

Comedians thread

Who is your favorite Comedian?

Martian Lawrence still on

evaD 06-09-2020 12:04 PM

https://www.reviewjournal.com/wp-con...nov13-14_1.jpg

Destroyer 06-09-2020 02:10 PM

Mitch Hedberg

“I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.”
“An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs.”

Scar 06-09-2020 02:59 PM

russell peters.

Aero 06-09-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer (Post 775799)
Mitch Hedberg

“I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.”
“An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs.”

LOL...

My favorite of all time is probably Martin Lawrence. If we're talking about who I think is really good at standup though I could watch Katt Williams all day.

Answer 06-09-2020 05:17 PM

I'd usually say Jimmy Carr. He's a machine when it comes to putting out thousands of one-liner jokes, and his crowd work is incredibly quick and witty, but he is a bit more quantity over quality sometimes.

Lately I've been really digging James Acaster's netflix stuff. There's something about clean comics that I respect a lot more because it's a lot harder to pull off humor with topics that aren't seen as edgy

Oddly enough, both british dudes. Outside of that: Bill Burr, Jerrod Carmichael, Mitch Hedburg, Dave Chappelle, Brian Regan to name a few, but I could go on forever.

Martian Lawrence is also solid

Zaddy 06-09-2020 05:18 PM

Amy Schumer

Aero 06-09-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Answer (Post 775809)
I'd usually say Jimmy Carr. He's a machine when it comes to putting out thousands of one-liner jokes, and his crowd work is incredibly quick and witty, but he is a bit more quantity over quality sometimes.

Lately I've been really digging James Acaster's netflix stuff. There's something about clean comics that I respect a lot more because it's a lot harder to pull off humor with topics that aren't seen as edgy

Oddly enough, both british dudes. Outside of that: Bill Burr, Jerrod Carmichael, Mitch Hedburg, Dave Chappelle, Brian Regan to name a few, but I could go on forever.

Saw Brian Regan live I nearly died. The girl next to me was dying too and I used every moment of it brush my knee against hers.

Aero 06-09-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaddy (Post 775810)
Amy Schumer

LOL... A lot of people dont like her. She dissed Patrick O'Neal in a roast and it was solid but very mean.

Exis 06-09-2020 06:01 PM

Kevin Hart...

Witty 06-09-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Very solid list. James Acaster is great. Mitch is iconic.

I'd probably say Bill Burr, but it changes.

uh-oh 06-09-2020 06:34 PM

yea burr is above everybody and has been for a minute

my favorite up and comer is shane gillis.

it all depends tho, straight standup is different, cuz i love a ton of comedians from podcasts but don't care much for their stand up.

robert kelly, big jay oakerson, ari shaffir, tom segura, joey diaz, mark normand, chris distefano, rich vos, there are a ton.

im trying to think of just standup though. most these dudes are just funny in life tho. like bobby lee. theo von.

i enjoy comedians. just scrolled up and seen chappelle and regan of course. not sure how i forgot them. dave attell is also the fucking man, louie is a genius i wasn't feeling his last special much but word

Finnydot 06-09-2020 06:44 PM

How the fuck has no one mentioned Chappelle? That dude just got the Mark Twain lifetime achievement award for comedy. Dude's the GOAT.

Exis 06-09-2020 07:22 PM

They did nigga, scroll upwards...Answer mentioned Chapelle.

Finnydot 06-09-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exis (Post 775827)
They did nigga, scroll upwards...Answer mentioned Chapelle.

Oh... I missed that.

Exis 06-09-2020 08:03 PM

I'm pissed @ myself for not mentionin' him lol...

Plot 06-10-2020 12:08 AM

Doug Stanhope is hilarious, pouring beer on himself.

Zaddy 06-10-2020 12:09 AM

@Answer can we change this thread to Canadians Thread?

UPN Zuch 06-10-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

All of this

Ajax 06-10-2020 12:32 AM

Bill Burr is probably the best current comic out there. Mitch Hedberg is a personal favorite too. “I find that ducks opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread.”

Genius.