Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Imma vent rq (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=139413)

DMS 01-24-2019 11:31 PM

Imma vent rq

How to write a bar, and the basic components of any bar, should go like this:

1. Concept (oronym, homonym, metonymy, etc)
2. Proliferations (tie ins, set up/payoffs, scheme working.)
3. Multisyllabic rhymes, wording, etc.

This is why homonym/oronym logs and rhyme logs are useful.
You can do step 1 and 3 without relation and later connect them, which helps with step 2 immensely

uh-oh 01-25-2019 06:15 AM

how to write a bar

1.be dope
2.cut half your syllables
3.delete txt file

DMS 01-25-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 723468)
how to write a bar

1.be dope
2.cut half your syllables
3.delete txt file

Also technique is more important than subject matter. Mentioning the fact that I was on kik? Well that’s fucking fantastic @Incredible but do it well. I def should’ve won that fucking battle looking back.

Ghost1 01-25-2019 02:22 PM

I didn't know retards had emptions tho...this changes everything

Ghost1 01-25-2019 02:26 PM

if this needs to be said....there is no formula to dope artwork

ur so far removed from the culture of hiphop its really useless for u to even attempt an interpretation on it.....let alone attempts to break it down into a formulaic blueprint to help u realize it in actual practice

this shit out of your reach

u don't deserve to have it anyways. its beyond u.

DMS 01-25-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost1 (Post 723564)

ur so far removed from the culture of hiphop its really useless for u to even attempt an interpretation on it.....let alone attempts to break it down into a formulaic blueprint to help u realize it in actual practice

Bet

DMS 01-26-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost1 (Post 723564)

Now that I’ve more thoroughly pondered this, this makes no fucking send at all.
Either:

1. “Dope artwork” is completely “subjective” and there’s no real “dope artwork”

2. It’s not subjective, there are some quantifiable, measurable, objective things to it, in which case

3. In can be formulized

Sharp 01-27-2019 12:06 AM

Aight let's fucking go

1. How are we defining art/music/lyrics?

2. What, within these definitions, are measureable and objective?

3. Is it possible that there is a formula unique to each person experiencing the artwork?

Yeah man I re-read Dewey's Art As Experience recently and I'm jazzed enough to put that shit in ITALICS

DMS 01-27-2019 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp (Post 723780)
Aight let's fucking go

1. How are we defining art/music/lyrics?

2. What, within these definitions, are measureable and objective?

3. Is it possible that there is a formula unique to each person experiencing the artwork?

Yeah man I re-read Dewey's Art As Experience recently and I'm jazzed enough to put that shit in ITALICS

I’m defining art as expression and communication and lyrics as a grammatical system’s art.

Music is obv mathematically based in a sense and so we won’t get into that.

It’s a possibility there’s a “unique formula” to everyone, but there’s also a better formula and a worse one when taking 2 and comparing. Within the context of a grammatical system, density is measurable in allot of aspects.
Rhyme density is your rhyming syllables/total syllables count (RS/TS), double entendre’s are just 2 concepts being condensed into 1 sentence, tho density isn’t the only thing. This is the main problem with really vague metaphors.

Sharp 01-27-2019 09:29 AM

Everything is math if you break it down enough dude

But right there, better and worse, is subjective. When to rhyme vs when not to. When to use wordplay vs when not to. Content. You're not gonna crack the universal code since there isn't one

bleak 01-27-2019 02:14 PM

art:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bKe_Zgk4o

Cred 01-27-2019 02:39 PM

I jus rap on the weekends

DMS 01-27-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp (Post 723792)
Everything is math if you break it down enough dude

But right there, better and worse, is subjective. When to rhyme vs when not to. When to use wordplay vs when not to. Content. You're not gonna crack the universal code since there isn't one

I’m aware everything’s “math”,

Also better and worse isn’t subjective by definition, nor is it subjective here. Some systems will create better forms and more efficiently than others.
Going from foundation to 3rd story is way harder in reverse.

Sharp 01-27-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMS (Post 723813)
I’m aware everything’s “math”,

Also better and worse isn’t subjective by definition, nor is it subjective here. Some systems will create better forms and more efficiently than others.
Going from foundation to 3rd story is way harder in reverse.

Sure, but there's also an artist's intent to consider. Art is full of people looking for the ugly, absurd, 'bad', etc in different media because it doesn't exist in a vacuum. Think Piss Christ or Kanye's 'scoop Diddy woop poop' verse. There's a different 'formula' for different context which is why you can't, in any sweeping statement, settle in a formula for art

DMS 01-27-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp (Post 723827)
Sure, but there's also an artist's intent to consider. Art is full of people looking for the ugly, absurd, 'bad', etc in different media because it doesn't exist in a vacuum. Think Piss Christ or Kanye's 'scoop Diddy woop poop' verse. There's a different 'formula' for different context which is why you can't, in any sweeping statement, settle in a formula for art

That makes sense ig, but such a formula would be worse, which makes it better.
This formula only refers to the form and technique, the structure, I completely agree no formula can be applied to creativity. Doing ‘bad’ isn’t a form of doing ‘good’ in any context

Aero 01-27-2019 05:17 PM

This thread would be more appropriate if I made it.

Sharp 01-27-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMS (Post 723831)
That makes sense ig, but such a formula would be worse, which makes it better.

you lost me there

This formula only refers to the form and technique, the structure, I completely agree no formula can be applied to creativity. Doing ‘bad’ isn’t a form of doing ‘good’ in any context

But in any situation the artist may want to evoke different things, by which being technically perfect isn't the best option. You're talking about the technical writing side of things, which is valuable and can be well-put together, but there's also a huge piece of art that's dedicated to context (for the artist, the work, and the audience) that can really make a bar 'great'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aero (Post 723832)
This thread would be more appropriate if I made it.

Still time

Went from coffee to wine so I'll get you to at least 100 posts

DMS 01-27-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp (Post 723834)
But in any situation the artist may want to evoke different things, by which being technically perfect isn't the best option. You're talking about the technical writing side of things, which is valuable and can be well-put together, but there's also a huge piece of art that's dedicated to context (for the artist, the work, and the audience) that can really make a bar 'great'

Still time

Went from coffee to wine so I'll get you to at least 100 posts

I’m aware I’m only looking at technique, which is what the formula is for.

Sharp 01-27-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMS (Post 723839)
I’m aware I’m only looking at technique, which is what the formula is for.

But your op is how to write a bar, any bar, which is a pretty flawed way to look at things

DMS 01-28-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp (Post 723841)
But your op is how to write a bar, any bar, which is a pretty flawed way to look at things

Thas true

I should have clarified, tho it does seem obv b/c of step one, that this only applies to bars with themes/concepts, in which case it can be applied to a singular bar or multiple