Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   (Bookcees) 52 book challenge (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=126363)

Captain Neckbeard 12-12-2017 02:35 PM

(Bookcees) 52 book challenge

http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/5cnS9eGN/file.html

link is attached above

its only 120 pages so I mean its like reading 120 text battles

u guys do that in one night getting ready to steal bars from the archives for nbl every week so lets get it!

Orc 12-12-2017 03:24 PM

great, thx fr the other one too. Listened to some today. Audiobooks will change my life haha. Ive always been sceptical

Aero 12-12-2017 03:34 PM

Sounds interesting.

Captain Neckbeard 12-12-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orc (Post 629147)
great, thx fr the other one too. Listened to some today. Audiobooks will change my life haha. Ive always been sceptical

lol yes! yo its like plugging into the matrix ahaha

Captain Neckbeard 12-12-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aero (Post 629150)
Sounds interesting.

don't ever misquote me in your publication again or I will be forced to pursue legal action

Amen 12-12-2017 03:45 PM

Glad these are back.

Will lock in tonight prior to eating an expensive meal, drinking some expensive champagne and laying down the D before bed.

I'LL ENSURE SHORTY SLEEPS ON THE COACH SO I CAN FOCUS.

Can't focus with a sexy naked bitch next to me.

Aero 12-12-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amen (Post 629163)
Glad these are back.

Will lock in tonight prior to eating an expensive meal, drinking some expensive champagne and laying down the D before bed.

I'LL ENSURE SHORTY SLEEPS ON THE COACH SO I CAN FOCUS.

Can't focus with a sexy naked bitch next to me.

I think I'm speaking to the collective conscience of NC when I say I hope you're not referring to your BM.

Amen 12-12-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aero (Post 629165)
I think I'm speaking to the collective conscience of NC when I say I hope you're not referring to your BM.

My BM better looking then any bitch you ever fucked with.

Better looking then any other niggas on here shorties they posted.

Prove me wrong, faggot.

Aero 12-12-2017 03:57 PM

lol alright man that's what's up.

Bags is this an audio book?

Inno 12-12-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orc (Post 629147)

Same here lol. Read or listened to my first audio book last month.

For those 3 days I was throughly engrossed in the story.

Good hair bags I’ll start this tomorrow

Captain Neckbeard 12-12-2017 04:09 PM

that link isn't no, its mad short tho

I couldn't find the audiobook for free

its on audible tho

Captain Neckbeard 12-12-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amen (Post 629167)
My BM better looking then any bitch you ever fucked with.

Better looking then any other niggas on here shorties they posted.
Prove me wrong, faggot.

this seems highly innacurate from my recollection of her

but I mean im sure shes a lovely woman lol

Amen 12-12-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Neckbeard (Post 629172)
this seems highly innacurate from my recollection of her

but I mean im sure shes a lovely woman lol

You saw 1 picture. Just 1 flick. And she squinting hard body from the VA beach sun.

I have plenty... I mean she isn't a 10 by any means, but Compared to Knuck wife she a 100.

Silver a 10 compared to Knuck wife as well.

Captain Neckbeard 12-12-2017 04:17 PM

oh well I didn't know we were using knucks wife as the bar LMAO smh gone

Amen 12-12-2017 04:18 PM

Hahaha

Aero 12-12-2017 04:28 PM

Cringeworthy exchange.

Amen 12-12-2017 04:41 PM

Bro stop clogging this thread up faggot.

Your next post better be discussing or leaving feedback on the book or else...

big baby 12-13-2017 07:54 AM

bb dun have mom i wuS bron in lavavstory

Captain Neckbeard 12-13-2017 09:34 AM

jesus

KempoMRK 12-14-2017 12:52 PM

I'm about halfway through this. There's some really good chapters.

Inno 12-14-2017 02:46 PM

I’ll finish this tomorrow.

Got it on audible so I should finish this during work

Inno 12-15-2017 12:58 PM

This book is interesting to say the least. Some ideas are out there lol.
The first story actually is pretty dam dope lol. I was like ok that was a surprise
Got a couple favorites in here but I’ll wait until everyone is done to give my full
Review. But so far(32 of 40 chptr read) so good

KempoMRK 12-15-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 629694)
This book is interesting to say the least. Some ideas are out there lol.
The first story actually is pretty dam dope lol. I was like ok that was a surprise
Got a couple favorites in here but I’ll wait until everyone is done to give my full
Review. But so far(32 of 40 chptr read) so good

I'm looking forward to finding out what your favourites are. I've got some favourites and they've definitely stuck in my head from when I first read the book, so I'm curious if yours will be similar.

Inno 12-15-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KempoMRK (Post 629709)
I'm looking forward to finding out what your favourites are. I've got some favourites and they've definitely stuck in my head from when I first read the book, so I'm curious if yours will be similar.

Word once enough people finish it I’ll add it don’t wanna ruin it lol. But yo I’m done and this book was a trip. Very interesting language and ideas. Good read for sure

Ghost1 12-28-2017 02:43 PM

still a few days left to the month

im gonna blaze thru this this week

will be back

oats 12-29-2017 09:12 AM

respect for keeping this going!

KempoMRK 12-29-2017 12:46 PM

Sweet!

I finished it a couple of weeks ago, shall post thoughts soon.

Inno 12-29-2017 06:39 PM

Same here

KempoMRK 12-30-2017 11:22 AM

6 or 7 years after I first read this I really enjoyed it again. It's not a book to read in a short period of time, it's best to dip in and out by reading a few chapters every day or two. I found that when I read half of the book in one sitting it started to feel repetitive, but by breaking it up a bit more it makes it far more enjoyable. I love the concept of the afterlife, so this appealed to me when I first read it and it still appeals to me now. I enjoyed the creativity of all of the chapters, even though some were a little dull. My favourites were the following:

Metamorphosis - You live on in the afterlife until your name is spoken for the last time. I liked that this was considered beyond sentimentality, by thinking about the types of people who wouldn't want to be there.
Great Expectations - Everyone signs up to a virtual afterlife where you can choose what you want to be, but upon death they're disappointed to find out it was a con, and they're in the stereotypical version of heaven with fluffy clouds and harps. This one made me laugh because I could imagine humans getting completely duped by it.
Will-o'-the-Wisp - You can watch anything happening on earth on a TV screen, however, only the sinners are allowed to watch as it's seen as a form of torture to see your loved ones disappoint, grow old and die.
Prism - You're split into multiple versions of yourself at all different ages. I found this very clever because I'd often thought about what body you'd become in a hypothetical afterlife.
Subjunctive - You share an afterlife with hundreds of different versions of yourself, who have made better or worse choices than you did. I really liked this one, probably my favourite of them all. The thought of seeing the better and lesser versions of yourself and growing to hate them all was very funny but also thought provoking.

I initially gave this a 4/5 when I first reviewed it years ago, and I think I'll stick with that. Though at times it became repetitive I found that overall it was such an enjoyable concept that it managed to go beyond that.

4/5

Inno 01-02-2018 09:16 AM

Word this was an outstanding book. Lots of great ideas

Honestly I only disliked a few of them, mostly the shorter ones as they didn’t have to much context

Loved the one about choosing your own after life before you died. Thought that was very interesting and telling lol. Even in the after life niggas get bored and complacent? Word lol.
What I found interesting about the subjunctive is almost how predictable that scenario is. As soon as I started reading and realized the plot, I thought to myself, man I wouldn’t want to see my self more or less successful than I am now. I mean dam that’s a scary perspective to think about. I mean imagine I have thoughts of what ifs all the time. Some good but most bad so I imagine that scene would not be good one to experience over an eternity. Lol

Dope book 4/5......I didn’t like that he kept mention god as a she. Fuck that bullshit

Inno 01-05-2018 01:43 PM

We still doing this?

Just finished Artemis shit was boss.

Starting the the light between oceans.

What’s good people

KempoMRK 01-06-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 632248)
What I found interesting about the subjunctive is almost how predictable that scenario is. As soon as I started reading and realized the plot, I thought to myself, man I wouldn’t want to see my self more or less successful than I am now. I mean dam that’s a scary perspective to think about. I mean imagine I have thoughts of what ifs all the time. Some good but most bad so I imagine that scene would not be good one to experience over an eternity. Lol

Yeah, it's a terrifying premise. It seems cool at first then you realise how awful it'd be haha.

I'm down to read whatever for January.

Ghost1 01-06-2018 12:49 PM

Sorry homies I've had the flu for 5 days -_-

I still plan to get to this but we can do a new book for this month obv

Inno 01-06-2018 01:21 PM

I’m reading the light between oceans if anyone is interested in that.

Ghost1 01-06-2018 06:40 PM

WW2 stuff right? I forget...I seen it at the store the other day tho

Inno 01-06-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost1 (Post 632982)
WW2 stuff right? I forget...I seen it at the store the other day tho

Nah it’s about a man an woman finding a baby in the middle of the ocean. That’s what I know so far. Lol

big baby 01-06-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 632998)
Nah it’s about a man an woman finding a baby in the middle of the ocean. That’s what I know so far. Lol

BB LYK THIS BOOK

Eŋg 01-11-2018 06:01 PM

the journey of

stupid sexy bitch to
finer than anyone's woman posted here to
i mean she certainly isn't a 10 to
she's fine af compared to knuck's wife to
silver is a 10 compared to knuck's wife

was the destination here.

those mental gymnastics tend to stir a morbid curiosity when observed. scintillating read.

Inno 01-25-2018 10:11 AM

Yoooooooo

Finished light between oceans, another dope read.

Reading the five people you meet in heaven now.

Dude dies and go to heaven and he meets 5 people from his lifetime and they tell him about his life thru their perspective. Sounds dope and it’s short.

Ghost1 01-25-2018 10:59 AM

im have to peep that one u just finished. coincidentally eough I read 5 people u meet in heaven a couple weeks ago....thought it sucked honestly lol. its not the worst thing but it was type boring to me and not really profound at all for the subject content...at least to me anyways.