Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Added drums this time (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=140852)

Lenox 11-04-2019 01:08 PM

Added drums this time

https://soundcloud.com/139_lenox/different-packs

Not gonna spam you guys with my music. But I definitely would like to know what you guys think of the samples I pick with drums.

https://soundcloud.com/139_lenox/ill-1

Lenox 11-04-2019 01:36 PM

https://soundcloud.com/139_lenox/different-packs-1

First link updated

Victor. 11-04-2019 01:45 PM

When I get home I’ll try it

If it’s cool I’ll rap sumn to it for u Lil bro

Lenox 11-04-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor. (Post 749388)

Thanks dawg. I don’t think my drums are there yet but hopefully you dig it

boof 11-04-2019 02:17 PM

the drums u picked are cool i think the pattern could be a little doper tho, also gotta switch it up somewhere
@uh-oh would crush the drums prolly

i like the soft double kick tho if thats you

Lenox 11-04-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boof (Post 749390)
the drums u picked are cool i think the pattern could be a little doper tho, also gotta switch it up somewhere
@uh-oh would crush the drums prolly

i like the soft double kick tho if thats you

Yes it’s me. Thank u for the feedback. And ya uh oh is a monster

uh-oh 11-04-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenox (Post 749387)

sample is fireee. love this smooth shit. i don't think the drums are bad its just pretty basic.

the "ill" track is just off. like the arrangement, the loop aint looping right

that beat you posted the other day with no drums was cool for what it was i thought, at least the sample loop.

The Dead Poet 11-04-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenox (Post 749387)

this is dope. Would be so much better with a thick baseline.

Lenox 11-04-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dead Poet (Post 749397)
this is dope. Would be so much better with a thick baseline.

Thank u man

Finnydot 11-04-2019 10:46 PM

If you can export the sample on both of these, just the loop with the chops i can try and lace some bass and better drums. The samples are dope, but your filtering and drums need work.

Lenox 11-05-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnydot (Post 749399)
If you can export the sample on both of these, just the loop with the chops i can try and lace some bass and better drums. The samples are dope, but your filtering and drums need work.

Worddd. How do I make better drums

Lenox 11-05-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 749392)
sample is fireee. love this smooth shit. i don't think the drums are bad its just pretty basic.

the "ill" track is just off. like the arrangement, the loop aint looping right

that beat you posted the other day with no drums was cool for what it was i thought, at least the sample loop.

Yo thanks bro. Fr

Lenox 11-05-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor. (Post 749388)

U fuck with any of em

Pakistani Hand Cannon 11-06-2019 04:14 AM

listened to the link in your second post

on some chill groovy shit

i like it

Lenox 11-06-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakistani Hand Cannon (Post 749424)
listened to the link in your second post

on some chill groovy shit

i like it

That’s love thank u

Finnydot 11-06-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenox (Post 749412)
Worddd. How do I make better drums

Uh oh is the drum king. He likes more live drum sounds, whereas i usually prefer 808 sounding drums. Uh oh likes the East Coast style samples where its mostly soul and he can layer the existing drum patterns and accentuate the original sound. Its nice because he will filter the lows and pump the bass out of the original sample and the live sounds work together to make it sound like it was always supposed to sound like that.

Me, I like to filter out the lows completely and play my own bass lines. So I need the super mega hard hitting drums to smash through the lows I just created. Even in the last beat I posted I distorted the bass to make that shit POP.

As far as patterns go, so literally the spots where youre playing your drums. Try and listen to your sample and play along with the loop you created. So when the kick drum drops you try and hit it exactly. Snare drums are almost always on the 5th beat. So KICK-2-3-4-SNARE.

The Dead Poet 11-06-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnydot (Post 749434)
Uh oh is the drum king.

EXCUSE ME!?!?!

Finnydot 11-07-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dead Poet (Post 749437)
EXCUSE ME!?!?!

Id say you got me, for sure. But your strengths are more so layering and overall composition. Ive heard some DEEP layers from you that literally made me want to cry. Lol

While I admit, your chops are great, your patterns are great, your filtering and layers are fantastic. But as far as STRICLY DRUMS. I mean patterns, sounds used, the filtering of bass and mixing the drums to COMPLIMENT the original sample, Uh oh is SMOKING us.

Just my opinion bro.

If you still salty we can get that beat battle going again.

PLUS where my feed at son? I'm still grinding out here. Hit my beat on the other thread.

@uh-oh da god

Zaddy 11-07-2019 06:32 PM

Dope beat Len but I bet you any money that amen can do it better

uh-oh 11-07-2019 06:49 PM

word peez filter game is crazy. his drum programming is underrated tho, im biased towards myself just cuz preference but from a strict programming perspective alot of poets stuff is more intricate. as far as arranging singular hits and sounds

i've gone more into breaks and layers on the drum end when i make beats anymore. so i'll make like a drum pattern with one shots and then find and chop a drum break up to play along with it for texture, and i try and use more break fills for the crescendo's and play along with them where i used to just program them myself, like tomrolls/etc.