Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So Nas wins a Grammy for his "Kings Disease" album (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=147637)

Geno 03-14-2021 11:43 PM

So Nas wins a Grammy for his "Kings Disease" album

..just skimmed it. Idk man. If nas shoulda won a grammy ever. It should have been one of his first 3 albums. His winning this shit just goes to show the state of rap/hiphop is garbage. I dont like the beats. He doesnt sound like hes into the shit hes talking about, still has nasty syllable game obv. But this body of work winning a grammy over his first 3 albums is a fucking joke. I hate hiphop

The Dead Poet 03-15-2021 12:04 AM

Gibbs got robbed. Either way though both those albums were like barley in my top 10.

ACTIVATE SELF 03-15-2021 12:13 AM

Idk bruh think you're selling Nas short. Stillmatic was fire and The Lost Tapes had some certified gems.

The Dead Poet 03-15-2021 12:19 AM

Stillmatic came out in 2001. Blueprint came out in 2001. It's not the best album out that year. Illmatic was amazing. It's what happens when a youngster comes along and all the big homie (producers) realize how good he could be. The only time an album has come together with all the best producers at the time for an up and commers debt has been Game's Documentary.

UPN Zuch 03-15-2021 12:22 AM

Album was blah.

Adverse 03-15-2021 02:17 AM

Feels like a consolation award. Kind of like giving Leo an Oscar for “The Revenant” which is far from his best performance. They’re just like “this guy hasn’t got one yet, so let’s give him one “

Pakistani Hand Cannon 03-15-2021 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dead Poet (Post 802132)
Stillmatic came out in 2001. Blueprint came out in 2001. It's not the best album out that year. Illmatic was amazing. It's what happens when a youngster comes along and all the big homie (producers) realize how good he could be. The only time an album has come together with all the best producers at the time for an up and commers debt has been Game's Documentary.

stillmatic is a better album than the blueprint

dull boy 03-15-2021 06:21 AM

Grammys are a joke

Amen 03-15-2021 09:31 AM

Nas one of the GOATS.

Bomb Bard 03-15-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakistani Hand Cannon (Post 802141)
stillmatic is a better album than the blueprint

Facts

JaysonFresh 03-15-2021 10:00 AM

reminds me of Denzel's Oscar consolation win for Training Day

Master Rock 03-15-2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Earl (Post 802126)
..just skimmed it. Idk man. If nas shoulda won a grammy ever. It should have been one of his first 3 albums. His winning this shit just goes to show the state of rap/hiphop is garbage. I dont like the beats. He doesnt sound like hes into the shit hes talking about, still has nasty syllable game obv. But this body of work winning a grammy over his first 3 albums is a fucking joke. I hate hiphop

But madd respect nonetheless...I can't believe it has taken this long for Nas to get what he deserves. I haven't had a chance to peep his newest album but I'm glad that he has finally gotten his long-overdue acknowledgment.

Answer 03-15-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF (Post 802131)
Idk bruh think you're selling Nas short. Stillmatic was fire and The Lost Tapes had some certified gems.

The point is stillmatic, illmatic, lost tapes, none of those came out in 2021. But back when those albums came out the grammys just considered hip hop a fad genre that was gonna die soon anyway, so they snubbed the albums.

They should go back and do a retroactive grammy for all the music that should've been acknowledged with an "Okay we fucked up" apology letter but bigging up some average nas album now is just lame and too little too late

the analogy of Leo getting an oscar for the revenant was on point. The movie was wack, nobody's gonna remember it as a classic in 10 years and there's no reason it should've ever gotten an oscar in the first place. Meanwhile shit like titanic, inception, shutter island, wolf of wall street all got snubbed when they shouldn't have

It's cool they both got some acknowledgement eventually but it's the wrong way to go about it

Eŋg 03-15-2021 01:00 PM

the revenant was a better film than wolf of wall street.

and i love most of scorsese's work - seen damn near everything he's done.

shutter island and inception are top tier though.

Master Rock 03-15-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Answer (Post 802168)

They should go back and do a retroactive grammy for all the music that should've been acknowledged

haha!! cosign!

UserName 03-15-2021 03:06 PM

Didn’t titanic win like 20 Oscars

evaD 03-15-2021 03:24 PM

Blueprint is better than It Was Written, let alone Stillmatic

New nas was good but this is clearly an honoury award for his career

Answer 03-15-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName (Post 802175)
Didn’t titanic win like 20 Oscars

the film did, and kate winslet even won for her role in titanic as best actress but leo wasnt even nominated

WINNER
JACK NICHOLSON
As Good as It Gets

NOMINEES

MATT DAMON
Good Will Hunting

ROBERT DUVALL
The Apostle

PETER FONDA
Ulee's Gold

DUSTIN HOFFMAN
Wag the Dog

Good will hunting's a fire movie, the rest can be found as vcr's in the shopping cart that ouch keeps next to his cardboard box in the street

uh-oh 03-15-2021 05:32 PM

illmatic nas' only good album

its also the best album ever

everything else was ok at best

Pakistani Hand Cannon 03-15-2021 05:57 PM

you trippin uh-oh

i aint gonna front like he dont drop some weak shit

but ok at best? nawh