Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NEW BEAT TAPE!!! "Finny Does 8" (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=140579)

Finnydot 08-12-2019 03:04 AM

NEW BEAT TAPE!!! "Finny Does 8"

https://i.imgur.com/i33J1JQ.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/infinitythare...s/finny-does-8

Exis 08-12-2019 06:56 AM

Dope ass beat fam...You could rap or sing over that in several different ways, I thought it was nice & fuck everyone else ;) Kudos..

Finnydot 08-12-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exis (Post 745847)
Dope ass beat fam...You could rap or sing over that in several different ways, I thought it was nice & fuck everyone else ;) Kudos..

Its a whole playlist. The first one was just a warm up. Lol

Exis 08-13-2019 08:40 AM

Could of said thanks lol...I'll listen again without bein' under the influence of wine.

~RustyGunZ~ 08-13-2019 10:50 AM

First one would be way better without the singing sample. Sounds like my dog whining. Otherwise good though. Someone else I think lenox recently did a beat that had the same issue. Forcing a sampled vocal and ruining an otherwise fine beat.

Pakistani Hand Cannon 08-14-2019 04:04 AM

...will you call the police on him for "forcing a sample"?

uh-oh 08-14-2019 06:15 PM

i feel like ive heard the first couple

but word misty blue is cool for what it is, you know my complaints with that clap sound lol

don't need the notoriety, you could bring the hats up since they're basically what string the string/guitar/plucks/stabs together, just so its all a little louder. not the biggest fan of the strings on the hook section, you played em fine but the plugin itself.

try to be better is on the precipice of FLAMES. love what you did chop wise, the drum programming and 808 bass you used detract from it tho. if you had a dirtier hat and a cleaner sub and just layered in a snare that cracks a bit, like i enjoy the snare sound itself on this and the air of it just something layered into its attack so its cracking, but the hat and the bass is my only gripes. but this sample how you chopped it on the hook and the delay and shit is fire. that bass sound might even work, it might just not be in key. if you can grab a cracked copy of melodyne, you can find what key the sample is in and play 808 drum in tune with the key of the down beat

shame to say, again, this snare is more my preference but you need another snare with less reverb hitting with it, cuz when you double up it with it, it can be fatiguing on the ears with them heavy snares like that and unnatural, but if you drop that snare out and just hit with the regular one on the second strike it'll give it a more natural swing, also with a filthy snare like that and filthy murder strings the kick should have some dirt to it as well

feel me yet is cool. like the drum choices on this, its just a little empty overall, the bass is played super low frequency wise, so while on subs its gonna knock its not coming through well on my normal monitors so it contributes to the empty feeling of it

love to change the world is hard to follow. mainly during the chorus, like the drums are programmed right but the sample doesnt fit the time signature

cut you open, i like this overall. the chant stabs seem out of place for the vibe of this tho

lets get it fin is a banger overall. the og maco type stab definitely helps it but i feel weird about it lol. but word you drove the rhythm perfect on this, perfect amount of breaks from drums and lead in to drums and bass. shits a banger

so word on the whole its solid, like always im gonna nitpick you cuz you're good enough now where thats how i gotta critique it and look at it like im making them and what i'd be telling myself if that makes sense. but word you main point of focus should be "sonics" like if you wanna use the same plain jane claps from the 808 kits try and do shit to them to make them more interesting. put warming filters on them, layer something with them maybe a snap and snare, etc. when you use a string VST try and make it sound unique and not like its on a factory preset. when you're choosing drum samples mute everything else and try and hear how they go together, as far as the kick and snare, and hat, think from the perspective of is this a drumset, if these were all recorded in the same room type mindset, if you got a pristine computer kick and then a snare that sounds like its from 1969 it should jump out at you, and if you like the computer kick and what it brings, just layer a kick that sounds like its from 1969 to help color it, if the second kick makes the first kick sound different/worse, eq both of them to bring out whats good in the first kick that made you choose it, and bring that down in the second, and bring up in the second whats missing in the first etc.

its all the little monotonous shit now

good shit dog

also you on the discord? im on making beats every weekend on there

Blue Bayou 08-14-2019 06:44 PM

Jesus Christ uh oh did you just post Veritas first book?

The Dead Poet 08-15-2019 10:24 PM

I'll check this out this weekend.

Finnydot 08-16-2019 11:07 PM

Appreciate the listens.

Ill try and work on that.

Chill Phil 08-17-2019 08:10 AM

Checked out the first two.

Don't need the noteriety was my favorite of the two. I appreciate the slight progression with the piano added in. It takes away from the feeling that it's just a few seconds of a beat being looped.

I'll definitely check out the rest when I get back from taking family photos.

Big Bolo 08-17-2019 08:42 PM

You need to master your beat...the levels are way off...almost like you made they beat then recorded it with a shitty PC Mic...

Finnydot 08-17-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bolo (Post 746076)
You need to master your beat...the levels are way off...almost like you made they beat then recorded it with a shitty PC Mic...

Probably your speakers.

Big Bolo 08-18-2019 11:06 PM

Bro I swear I'll kill you if you say some more shit about my setup...I don't have speakers...I have monitors...with yellow teflon in them...

Put your finished product in Acid and check your levels...master it...it's a step all professionals do/ hire out for...

Geno 08-18-2019 11:30 PM

Dig some of these. Idk. It feels like they are over looped and monotonous? Is that even possible? Idk. The looped material is cool tho. Maybe im just out of touch now

Finnydot 08-20-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genocide (Post 746155)
Dig some of these. Idk. It feels like they are over looped and monotonous? Is that even possible? Idk. The looped material is cool tho. Maybe im just out of touch now

I've been trying to make things a lot more simpler these days.

I used to build things up like SUPER EPIC shit, but I'm just trying to be a little more accessible.

These are mostly just throwaways that I actually really liked.

Finnydot 08-20-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bolo (Post 746147)
Bro I swear I'll kill you if you say some more shit about my setup...I don't have speakers...I have monitors...with yellow teflon in them...

Put your finished product in Acid and check your levels...master it...it's a step all professionals do/ hire out for...

lol...

Internet tough guy.

Never seen that before.

Big Bolo 08-20-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnydot (Post 746186)
lol...

Internet tough guy.

Never seen that before.

...?...tough guy...?...please, I ain't tough but that beam real mean...keep talking...

Also since your being a dick...I'd like to point out on most of these, they are not laid out by you...as far as pianos...synths...pads...etc...

These are all LOOPS downloaded from a torrent site...layed out for ready to go...I recognize 3 for sure I've heard before...

Big Bolo 08-20-2019 04:48 PM

Beat battle...beat due by Friday hiphop/rap beat any style...make it fresh...do you accept...?...

Finnydot 08-21-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bolo (Post 746188)
Beat battle...beat due by Friday hiphop/rap beat any style...make it fresh...do you accept...?...

lmfao...

OK.

Sure.

Sample or original?