Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   AOWL Season X Archieves (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   WEEK FIVE CHAT (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=150417)

Universe 04-25-2022 11:59 PM

Cool, I'll request the extension now though since I'm still in the early stages of everything.

Won't be able to fully attack this until Wednesday but I'll do my best. Tons to explore with this topic.

Adonis 04-26-2022 02:06 AM

FYI, for me, regardless of line limit I will be writing just about 20 lines. I prefer this approach even though it puts me at a disadvantage, I feel I can make more use of the words and line concepts this way as opposed to going full on mode. Not that I plan on making a champ match this season, until I get that ass whooping and someone lights a fire up under me

Master Rock 04-26-2022 07:28 AM

I'm gonna need an extension upon an extension.

Dominate 04-26-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adonis (Post 820435)
FYI, for me, regardless of line limit I will be writing just about 20 lines. I prefer this approach even though it puts me at a disadvantage, I feel I can make more use of the words and line concepts this way as opposed to going full on mode. Not that I plan on making a champ match this season, until I get that ass whooping and someone lights a fire up under me

Yeah, I hope the revised line limit doesn’t make people feel like they HAVE TO write 100 lines in champ matches or pigeon hole people into one particular type of writing. An epic story might need that many lines but good writing comes in many forms and some pieces might only need substantially less. Stories are good but I want to see variety across the league.

Adverse 04-26-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominate (Post 820439)
Yeah, I hope the revised line limit doesn’t make people feel like they HAVE TO write 100 lines in champ matches or pigeon hole people into one particular type of writing. An epic story might need that many lines but good writing comes in many forms and some pieces might only need substantially less. Stories are good but I want to see variety across the league.

It may be wise to just let the writers agree if they’d like to agree to a bigger line limit in the contenders/champ match. I understand completely it would be an unfair advantage for somebody to write 20 lines then get blown away by someone who wrote a 100 line verse. And I know that was another problem with the line limit last time was people were writing good verses but just losing off the sheer line difference in the verses

Adonis 04-26-2022 09:29 AM

As a side note, these discussions are key to the league, this is what makes you a great host Ad. I know when I was running leagues I kinda took the opposite approach, kind of iron fist type enforcing all rules. I will say, there was one league where there just weren't enough people to justify champion/ contender matches. So I made that a 10 week season, with the final week pitting the two best records against each other to determine the regular season champ and the #1 seed in playoffs. I also tried to make it to so having a top 4 seed (home field advantage per say) those people I gave them each a pack of like 5 topics and they got to pick which one they wanted. I thought it worked, but was kind of weird, half of the top 4 seeds had me select topic, or competitor select topic regardless. As is with the amount of people showing, you may run into an issue down the road where a guy loses a contender match, thus shouldn't really be eligible for following weeks contender, however that would mean a guy winning with a 2-6 record would be forced into contenders match or the previous loser of contender would really be more deserving based off record. These are just thoughts I'm throwing out because it seems like raising discussion is really working bothb with keeping activity and actually refining the league as it is processing.

Eviction 04-26-2022 11:00 AM

@Adverse can you check your pm my good man.

@Dominate okay we can post tomorrow then, my verse could use some touching up.

Eviction 04-26-2022 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adverse (Post 820440)
It may be wise to just let the writers agree if they’d like to agree to a bigger line limit in the contenders/champ match. I understand completely it would be an unfair advantage for somebody to write 20 lines then get blown away by someone who wrote a 100 line verse. And I know that was another problem with the line limit last time was people were writing good verses but just losing off the sheer line difference in the verses

that happened to me where I posted day one and my opponent had a super extention or whatever, and he took advantage of that and did 100, and had a week and some change to make sure he had an absurd more number of lines than me.

there should be a set number of lines because there is no regulation like maybe my next opponent drops 30, and I put a 60 on him.

maybe make the line limit like the topic or a challenge, like say next week everyone has to drop 30 lines, then one week we have to drop closer to 60 or whatever.

it's probably to much to ask for the opponents to agree on a line limit, doing good to get participants in the first place.

Adonis 04-26-2022 11:12 AM

I can't do 60 lines though. My style I keep the lines short but I pack them with as much info as possible. So 60 for me is no filter so more like 100. I shouldn't say I can't, just don't enjoy nor have the time to put out 60 lines. To be honest, a big reason I keep mine short is I've been training to write 16 bars, which is a typical verse. But like I said, I am down for whatever, as always

Eviction 04-26-2022 02:46 PM

60 lines is just two 30 line verses at the end of the day., or 6 10 line verses.

Master Rock 04-26-2022 04:36 PM

100 lines is just 10 ten line verses lol!

Frank 04-26-2022 08:12 PM

Candy 04-26-2022 08:49 PM

yes

Master Rock 04-26-2022 09:01 PM

No, Candy is the man to be frank.

Candy 04-26-2022 09:29 PM

lol love you mr.. sexy my man yeh be nice frank hehe

Eviction 04-26-2022 09:53 PM

I always thought candy was a girl

Dominate 04-26-2022 10:01 PM

Pretty sure he's an adult man who gets off on pretending to be a teenaged girl...

Candy 04-26-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eviction (Post 820461)
I always thought candy was a girl

i am..

by character sexy

Candy 04-26-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominate (Post 820462)
Pretty sure he's an adult man who gets off on pretending to be a teenaged girl...

only to faggots to faggots and faggots faggots

Dominate 04-26-2022 10:56 PM

TBC, if you’re gay and/or trans that’s fine. Fetishising being a teenage girl is absolutely not.