Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   AOWL Season X Archieves (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   WEEK FIVE CHAT (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=150417)

Adverse 04-24-2022 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dank (Post 820385)
@Adverse @Dominate I’ll save you the bother.

My wife just got called into work to cover for the next 9 days straight so unfortunately I’m going to have to sit this one out. Sorry Ad. I know this is early on so maybe you can organise a replacement or whatever but if not I’ll just take the L.

You’re fine man thanks for letting me know, I’ll try to figure something out. You were on about the same track as I was, I’m still going to finish mine.

Yoo @Blue Bayou are you showing this week or are you still on a business trip? If so I could move @Master Rock to contenders.

Candy 04-24-2022 05:04 AM

wheres my last week battle gone its not in closed battles?

Adverse 04-24-2022 11:36 AM

Hey @Master Rock Blue dropped out of your battle, have you wrote anything? If not you can hop on the topic in the contenders thread vs me. If you have started writing then we’ll figure something out.

Master Rock 04-24-2022 08:13 PM

Man... I'm not sure if I'll even but able to drop this week as well...I started writing but things aren't looking that good in regards to completion and time...ugh

Adonis 04-24-2022 10:48 PM

I can also fill in this week someone needs a match. Seems like people dropping out early, if not I'll vote regardless. Just trying to help where I can

Adverse 04-25-2022 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adonis (Post 820398)
I can also fill in this week someone needs a match. Seems like people dropping out early, if not I'll vote regardless. Just trying to help where I can

I would say to take Blue’s spot but I don’t know if Rock will even be showing..

You can take Lars spot vs me if you’d like but it’s totally up to you

This week smells like a bust tbh

Universe 04-25-2022 12:16 PM

Ugh.

Adverse actually asked me to pick a song title from The Wonder Years discography for his battle with Lars... My original idea was 'The Bluest Things on Earth' but then I realized Lars would probably do some stupid Smurf shit so I picked something a little more sophisticated in hopes of keeping the grown up Lars around after his great piece a couple weeks ago. And it looks like he was starting off on the right foot... so this sucks.

That said, I am intrigued by the challenge of continuing what Lars started, literally using that beginning and seeing what I can come up with. If he's cool with it...

I'll ultimately leave it up to Adverse though. He can just take the W. Letting me jump right into a contender match may not be all that fair to Master Rock or Adonis or anyone else.

But that challenge does interest me.

Adverse 04-25-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 820409)
Ugh.

Adverse actually asked me to pick a song title from The Wonder Years discography for his battle with Lars... My original idea was 'The Bluest Things on Earth' but then I realized Lars would probably do some stupid Smurf shit so I picked something a little more sophisticated in hopes of keeping the grown up Lars around after his great piece a couple weeks ago. And it looks like he was starting off on the right foot... so this sucks.

That said, I am intrigued by the challenge of continuing what Lars started, literally using that beginning and seeing what I can come up with. If he's cool with it...

I'll ultimately leave it up to Adverse though. He can just take the W. Letting me jump right into a contender match may not be all that fair to Master Rock or Adonis or anyone else.

But that challenge does interest me.

I mean I’m not against the idea, it sounds cool actually to just kind of “finish” Lars verse for him. I don’t want to just waltz into the champ match I’d like to have a battle this week. @Adonis would you want to take it or do you want Universe to?

Eviction 04-25-2022 12:49 PM

@Adverse why you say my 3-0 record is from a no-show win in the mag, I'm undefeated all KOs.

Dank 04-25-2022 01:51 PM

Man, I’m gutted to have to bow out of a contenders match. I absolutely wouldn’t even imagine doing that under any usual circumstances, but I just have next to no free time between working full time myself then having the kids alone of an evening and weekend. It’s a shame as I was looking forward to it and making a run for the champ spot. I don’t see that free time opening back up for me anytime soon unfortunately.

Eviction 04-25-2022 02:07 PM

fuck the kids, write rhymes!

Dank 04-25-2022 02:56 PM

I feel like shit about it, it’s completely out of character for me, and for someone that prides himself on turning up week after week after week it tells you how swamped I am to have to neg on a contendership match of all things with the champ match next week if I won.

Hopefully the stars align for me again at some point and I can jump in.

NYCSPITZ 04-25-2022 03:54 PM

That beginning by lars was dope would be cool to have universe finish it

Universe 04-25-2022 09:44 PM

@Adverse I would need at least 100 lines for what I have planned, so keep that in mind before making your decision. May be smart just to take the W lol.

I might Project X this shit instead if you pass. We'll see.

Eviction 04-25-2022 09:53 PM

I'm 40 lines in, working on the ending now.

Adonis 04-25-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adverse (Post 820411)
I mean I’m not against the idea, it sounds cool actually to just kind of “finish” Lars verse for him. I don’t want to just waltz into the champ match I’d like to have a battle this week. @Adonis would you want to take it or do you want Universe to?

I can, but I will be real. I am far more interested in seeing what @Universe comes up with, as you know my timer is very limited. For example, I literally just got home and have to wake up in 8 hours for work tomorrow. Luckily for me, I am one of those weirdos that can survive on four hours of sleep for a straight month until I sleep for half a day + straight

Dominate 04-25-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eviction (Post 820427)
I'm 40 lines in, working on the ending now.

I’ll need the extendo sorry

Adverse 04-25-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 820425)
@Adverse I would need at least 100 lines for what I have planned, so keep that in mind before making your decision. May be smart just to take the W lol.

I might Project X this shit instead if you pass. We'll see.

I honestly think we might just push line limits to a 100 maximum . It’d have to be a majority vote tbh. I accept your challenge everyone seems excited to see what you bring to the table

Dominate 04-25-2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adverse (Post 820430)
I honestly think we might just push line limits to a 100 maximum . It’d have to be a majority vote tbh. I accept your challenge everyone seems excited to see what you bring to the table

How about only in champ matches for that? Mayyyybe contenders too?

I don’t want to have to trawl through 100 line verses in every battle I vote on but I’m happy to read more from the guys who are the best at this

Adverse 04-25-2022 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominate (Post 820431)
How about only in champ matches for that? Mayyyybe contenders too?

I don’t want to have to trawl through 100 line verses in every battle I vote on but I’m happy to read more from the guys who are the best at this

Think that’s probably the best approach to it. Gives the guys on that platform more wiggle more to make for a better battle. Also don’t want somebody like Sinacog dropping 100 weekly. I know most of Universe’s concepts need 100 lines or more to work and I respect that.