Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   GWL Archive (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=291)
-   -   OM FORUM: GUERRILLA TOPICAL LEAGUE SIGN-UPS (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142301)

NYCSPITZ 03-06-2020 11:36 PM

In
@Vulgar @sacrifice @elitetopicalists

Master Rock 03-08-2020 12:18 AM

Yo, any of you playas down for Friday night deadlines instead? I will not be able to write until Friday night and would like to partake on this...what's good?

Bodey 03-08-2020 01:42 AM

Is it too late to sign up? I need something to do

Exis 03-08-2020 08:56 AM

How's about add onto the verse I sent you! There's sumthin' to do...

Master Rock 03-08-2020 01:37 PM

I want twice the fun.

Universe 03-08-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead man (Post 759875)
Oh whoops, yea week 2 possibly

I'll be in for week 2 IF some conditions are met... lol. One, I face dead man right away for the championship (Cuz let's face it... we all know that's where this would be going) And two, it's an actual TOPIC, not a picture that can be interpreted in thousands of different ways.

If you're doing a topical league, do it right Lars Sullivan.

Objective 03-08-2020 05:02 PM

So far he's doing everything right imo. Get creative, open your mind, get abstract, why you need a set topic to get creativity flowing when a pic can give so much more? Writing to a title is not really challenging and the chances are high that anyone already got a piece sitting that can be used for them with little (and in some cases no) editing.

dull boy 03-08-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 760065)
I'll be in for week 2 IF some conditions are met... lol. One, I face dead man right away for the championship (Cuz let's face it... we all know that's where this would be going) And two, it's an actual TOPIC, not a picture that can be interpreted in thousands of different ways.

If you're doing a topical league, do it right Lars Sullivan.

This attitude has no place here. Cease and desist. Your fake bravado and Trumpian like insistence on you deserving anything inherently fucking reeks.

Humble up and try again.

Witty 03-08-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 760065)
I'll be in for week 2 IF some conditions are met... lol. One, I face dead man right away for the championship (Cuz let's face it... we all know that's where this would be going)

I beg to differ.

Universe 03-08-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Objective (Post 760071)
So far he's doing everything right imo. Get creative, open your mind, get abstract, why you need a set topic to get creativity flowing when a pic can give so much more? Writing to a title is not really challenging and the chances are high that anyone already got a piece sitting that can be used for them with little (and in some cases no) editing.

I respect what you're saying man, I do. But to me you answered your own question... "a pic can give so much more". IMO it gives TOO much. There's too much wiggle room there. I like to be put in a box and see who can really be the most creative when given just a word, or a phrase, or even a descriptive sentence. To me it's more focused, thus a more accurate representation of skill. Both parties don't have a lot to work with... who can turn a desert to a garden? Na' mean? :)

As far as using a piece already sitting around, the chances of that happening are slim and can easily be applied to those pictures as well... I don't know. Maybe I'm just old school.

dull boy 03-08-2020 05:22 PM

How would a, ‘word, phrase or descriptive sentence’ be any different than a picture in terms of minimizing ‘wiggle room’ creatively? Say the topic is orange, town, onomatopoeia or whatever ‘phrase/descriptive sentence’ you want to apply.. those could still be interpreted a myriad of different ways.

Na’ mean ;D

Universe 03-08-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dull boy (Post 760072)
This attitude has no place here. Cease and desist. Your fake bravado and Trumpian like insistence on you deserving anything inherently fucking reeks.

Humble up and try again.

First of all, relax. Secondly, I'm basing my "inherent" comments on the fact that I've literally never lost a topical battle. (I champed over at UPN too a long ass time ago). But I realize I don't enter enough tournaments to really be saying what I did... I get it. Apologies for how it came off.

I just believe if you put me on even ground with ANYONE I will win. I meant no disrespect. I'm confident in my writing. I just want to face the best.

dull boy 03-08-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 760078)
First of all, relax. Secondly, I'm basing my "inherent" comments on the fact that I've literally never lost a topical battle. (I champed over at UPN too a long ass time ago). But I realize I don't enter enough tournaments to really be saying what I did... I get it. Apologies for how it came off.

I just believe if you put me on even ground with ANYONE I will win. I meant no disrespect. I'm confident in my writing. I just want to face the best.

Picture me doing the jerk off motion.

Universe 03-08-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dull boy (Post 760079)
Picture me doing the jerk off motion.

Can that be a topic?

dull boy 03-08-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universe (Post 760080)
Can that be a topic?

Nah, too much wiggle room. Plus, you spending the entirety of one of your 200 bar nursery rhymes picturing me jerking off might turn your desert to a garden.

Clutbuck 03-08-2020 06:06 PM

Put me in to beat Universe week two.

Objective 03-08-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dull boy (Post 760076)
How would a, ‘word, phrase or descriptive sentence’ be any different than a picture in terms of minimizing ‘wiggle room’ creatively? Say the topic is orange, town, onomatopoeia or whatever ‘phrase/descriptive sentence’ you want to apply.. those could still be interpreted a myriad of different ways.

I don't really care much about min/max wiggle room tbh, I just don't think there's any challenge in a title cus that's basically what we all do anyways. I also find that it's easier to make older work fit with a title as opposed to a picture, meaning there will be way less battles people are able to cheap out on instead of writing something new using pictures. I know a lot have used older work in the past for title-topics and I think it detracts from the fun of it all, it's demotivating knowing it's being done by some. I personally think it's more challenging with a picture topic than a title as well, I find title-topics and writing to them lazy and cooke-cutter in comparison, you don't really have to think or process what you're gonna do with a title as much, phrases/quotes are debatable. You can wrap your head around it if you want but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. It's just bam, idea, bundle it together and people won't think of it much if you should steer a little bit away from the topic at hand, only thing that matters is that it's loosely related. It's just boring cus there's not as much depth to what you have to come up with in my opinion, and voters pay more attention to the writing and picture at hand. If shit isn't connected to the picture the whole piece just falls flat, doesn't seem to do so as much with titles. Pictures just makes for better battles overall.

@Exis: You're supposed to use the picture with the guy sitting over his computer in Diablo's first post in our battle as your topic. Write whatever you want but make it fit with the picture.

Witty 03-08-2020 08:22 PM

Anyone recycling can and will be found out, so don't worry about that.

Exis 03-08-2020 08:24 PM

@Diablo or @Objective the fuck is the topic lol...

Objective 03-08-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exis (Post 760108)
@Diablo or @Objective the fuck is the topic lol...

It's literally the big af picture in our battle that isn't an avatar or a fancy ass monkey. Doesn't it show for you?