Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tell me the NFL scripted garbage now. (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=124608)

Slechtn 09-09-2016 11:28 AM

oh come on now

uh-oh 09-09-2016 11:57 AM

Lmao i didnt watch the game. I just watched the highlights this morning on nfl.com and they left all that out

But word i feel your pain diode. As a ravens fan ive watched this nonsense go on flaccos whole career.

If it aint brady or manning they dont care. Ibe also seen brees collect ticky tack calls

Meanwhile flacco takes low hits and high hits all the time that dont get called. And even to be unbiased every ravens steelers game the ravens dive at bens knees and whack him in the face.

I think the thing they all have in common is they are all 6"5 animals who dont flop and physically act like they were shot. Since they are big and they are bang bang plays the refs err on the side of caution or whatever

I still refer to the god ray lewis though. Its a mans game. They all got on helmets.

Diode 09-09-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 602369)
Lmao i didnt watch the game. I just watched the highlights this morning on nfl.com and they left all that out

But word i feel your pain diode. As a ravens fan ive watched this nonsense go on flaccos whole career.

If it aint brady or manning they dont care. Ibe also seen brees collect ticky tack calls

Meanwhile flacco takes low hits and high hits all the time that dont get called. And even to be unbiased every ravens steelers game the ravens dive at bens knees and whack him in the face.

I think the thing they all have in common is they are all 6"5 animals who dont flop and physically act like they were shot. Since they are big and they are bang bang plays the refs err on the side of caution or whatever

I still refer to the god ray lewis though. Its a mans game. They all got on helmets.

you should try to find the hits he took last night. it was completely ridiculous.

also, offsetting intentional grounding because you toss the ball while being DRILLED BLATANTLY IN THE HEAD so it wiped the personal foul? that shit's gotta change.

PancakeBrah 09-09-2016 12:21 PM

Can't wait for my Bears super bowl champ t shirt this season. Going. To. Be. Sweet.

Diode 09-09-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PancakeBrah (Post 602387)
Can't wait for my Bears super bowl champ t shirt this season. Going. To. Be. Sweet.

[img]https://s-media-***he-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ad/9e/9c/ad9e9cca848d0ce9972c14a3d65bd3a2.jpg[/img]

millz 09-09-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diode (Post 602315)
no uhoh, i was going off on fb all game when they called unsportsmanlike for jumping up and down and proceeded to let cam be murdered all game long.

here's my fb feed with about 10m to go in the 4th:

every fucking site on the internet is on a roll about it today, so take that for what you will. in the nfl, if you are cam newton, these are totally fine. nbd.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0Hlzd...ized-large.gif

https://vine.co/v/5Jzvjw1Peaz

it's bullshit and i'm over it.

How can you with a straight fucking face say if your Cam Newton these hits are fine, and then post the gif of the hit WHERE THEY CALLED A FUCKING PENALTY. Obviously that specific hit wasn't fine if they flagged it. Lol

Hearder Hearder 09-09-2016 12:34 PM

@Diode don't be silly they called the penalty for that and it was also intentional frowning so the penalties offset

Meth 09-09-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hearder Hearder (Post 602281)
LMAO at diode Cronus tag come get this gray rep yo

Hi

Diode 09-09-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 602390)
How can you with a straight fucking face say if your Cam Newton these hits are fine, and then post the gif of the hit WHERE THEY CALLED A FUCKING PENALTY. Obviously that specific hit wasn't fine if they flagged it. Lol

the vine is a different hit. i was drunk and tryign to put a collage of all of them together.

that one being offset by grounding CAUSED BY OBVIOUS HEADHUNTING is a pretty big fucking problem with the rulebook though wouldn't you say? it's worth it to take the penalty.

Meth 09-09-2016 12:55 PM

Yeah I mean the refs called it right

But diode has a point if the NFL is about safety

That play can't go unpunished

It was a shottttt

Diode 09-09-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meth (Post 602401)
Yeah I mean the refs called it right

But diode has a point if the NFL is about safety

That play can't go unpunished

It was a shottttt

+ the 4 other uncalled ones

imagine if that was rodgers or luck or eli or brady

rog would die

millz 09-09-2016 01:03 PM

Yea. So you fine the player. But they called it.

Diode 09-09-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 602404)
Yea. So you fine the player. But they called it.

the fines don't have any effect. if the point is to stop these types of shots (and several broncos defenders have outright stated their goal was to hit him with the helmet to take him out of the game), then the penalty should have some kind of consequence, no?

millz 09-09-2016 01:07 PM

Don't they already. Hasn't meriweather and burfict had to miss time along with suh for repeat dirty plays.

Diode 09-09-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 602408)
Don't they already. Hasn't meriweather and burfict had to miss time along with suh for repeat dirty plays.

they don't do anything during the course of the game to deter it is the problem. we have ejection rules for celebrating but not for head hunting? i'm not saying go full NCAA where a glancing mistake is an automatic ejection, but fuck, tj ward came out and said he did it on purpose and it was worth any fine, which he'll appeal.

millz 09-09-2016 01:10 PM

I don't remember ward being a guy that hit his head.

I remember Marshall, Von Miller, Barett, and the other safety.

Diode 09-09-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 602410)
I don't remember ward being a guy that hit his head.

I remember Marshall, Von Miller, Barett, and the other safety.

He was speaking for the team. I was wrong about the appeal though, that was from Stewart, who had the blatant one.

“We wanted to make sure it got to him, so every time he ran, we tried to put a helmet or shoulder pads on him,” Broncos safety T.J. Ward said.

Stewart:

“I thought I [led] with the shoulder,” Broncos safety Darian Stewart told Tom Pelissero of USA Today. “But he’d been running the whole game, so I was unsure if he was a passer or if he was going to run. I just took the shot, man.”

Shit's gotta stop. LOL AF @ I thought i led with the shoulder.

Diode 09-09-2016 01:20 PM

oh, and to the claims "well he was a runner" - where's he running upfield on these plays again?

https://i.imgur.com/Mn1z9Ld.mp4

millz 09-09-2016 01:24 PM

Yea. I mean I thought he led with his shoulder but he was clearly aiming really high. Which is a big no no. So I have no sympathy for his punishment he gets.

But I'm of the mind that I hate 90 percent of these touching the qb helmet calls. I think they are unfair in assessing them. Lineman get slapped in the head 10 times as hard and as often with the slap boxing moves d ends use but no one cares about them.

Barrett's slap on cams head isn't going to give him CTE.

Diode 09-09-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 602413)
Yea. I mean I thought he led with his shoulder but he was clearly aiming really high. Which is a big no no. So I have no sympathy for his punishment he gets.

But I'm of the mind that I hate 90 percent of these touching the qb helmet calls. I think they are unfair in assessing them. Lineman get slapped in the head 10 times as hard and as often with the slap boxing moves d ends use but no one cares about them.

Barrett's slap on cams head isn't going to give him CTE.

none of the shots in the video i posted were slaps. they were blatant head shots. marshall launches himself like a goddamned missile in the one. no call.