Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   THE VERITAS CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE THREAD (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=89459)

Ghost1 08-22-2014 09:23 PM

Fuckin dead@walsaii painting

Paradox 08-22-2014 09:27 PM

Name change to Walsaii please mods @El Pancake @Paradigm @namix

veritas 08-22-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bags (Post 387506)
The end?

Yes. The name of the painting is *remember the future*

Infer what you will.....

As for the story....there is still a few more things to tie up.

Objective 08-23-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin (Post 386966)
"Choices" the librarian says, some are made for you, some you make. I hold in my hand a key. If you use it, you can return to your life before any of this happened. you will not be dead, your daughter will be alive do you:

A: use the key
B: do not use the key

If some choices are made for me, and some I can make... Then fuck it. A, I use the key. She did not deserve to go like that.

veritas 08-23-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Objective (Post 387662)
If some choices are made for me, and some I can make... Then fuck it. A, I use the key. She did not deserve to go like that.

The librarian frowns. *you have chosen foolishly. Her name was written. If you would have sacrificed yourself to maintain her name you would have been redeemed. Now you seal your fate*.

The sword....

the fire of it....

you wake up.....how long had I been sleeping?

You go upstairs to check on your daughter. She is sleeping peacefully.

you go in the closet....she also is sleeping peacefully.

The end

veritas 08-23-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batty
Baron da gawdgoat

You sit back. You have cleared up the rifts....you have done good work. A portal opens behind you. there are stairs leading up inside it. You smile.

You take out the pen and begin to write

*I'm going to tell you something that you have already started piecing together....*

You finish the letter. Leave the key the pen the sword and the book. You see your name glowing. You look and suddenly see your friends name glowing. Your smile become bigger. You turn and walk up the stairs dissapearing.

your friend walks up to the book....his name is glowing. He picks up the sword and sees his reflection

*wow....i have hair!*

The end.

Thank you to all who participated. I pray you enjoy it and go back and read it and see if you can see all that has been done here.

VERITAS.

Ghost1 08-23-2014 12:30 PM

Legit plan to read back thru all stories now. This was dope.

veritas 08-23-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bags (Post 387731)
Legit plan to read back thru all stories now. This was dope.

Thanks anthony. You helped make it great buddy.

Certain 08-23-2014 12:33 PM

Are all the stories wrapped up?

veritas 08-23-2014 12:35 PM

Yes. Expect lars but he is trapped. We just missed out on his plane crash and journey into sith lord status.

Let you imagine that.

Wish you would of played certain

Objective 08-24-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin (Post 387723)
The end

A fake existence is better than nothing at all I guess. When brought back in time I'm most likely oblivious to the questions I had to choose on anyways and my life is great. That is if I'm not stuck in a loop though. I'm not stuck in a loop, I'm I? :/

Ghost1 08-24-2014 09:01 PM

Lmao.....i think u r boss

Thats why u have one daughter in bed and one in closet.......

veritas 08-24-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Objective (Post 388789)
A fake existence is better than nothing at all I guess. When brought back in time I'm most likely oblivious to the questions I had to choose on anyways and my life is great. That is if I'm not stuck in a loop though. I'm not stuck in a loop, I'm I? :/

the correct play would have been to take the sword so that your daughter would have moved on. You chose to forgo that, which had roots in your own self-preservation, even though you would say it was for her. your lukewarmness damned you to a loop....the question is.....does your daughter know this as well?

duh duh duhhhhhhh......

I love you though, thanks for playing.

veritas 08-24-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bags (Post 388808)
Lmao.....i think u r boss

Thats why u have one daughter in bed and one in closet.......

will you call me now? We have much to discuss.

Objective 08-25-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin (Post 388809)
the correct play would have been to take the sword so that your daughter would have moved on. You chose to forgo that, which had roots in your own self-preservation, even though you would say it was for her. your lukewarmness damned you to a loop....the question is.....does your daughter know this as well?

Survival instinct -> Ego -> What drives us to begin with. If ego didn't drive us everyone would adopt as we're over populated and there's no need to make your own children.
And in the situation you portray my actions would be purely based on survival, specially when panic and distress is a huge part of it. The correct play would be like you say, but I played this how I think I would have played my cards. Humans are flawed and we take care of our own in the best way we can, in this case this is what I think I would have done. Reason and logic does not go hand in hand with panic and distress. If my daughter knew she probably wouldn't understand the whole picture due to her age, but the ego and emotional connection I have with her and what she has to me would still make her understand my decision.

Humans are flawed V and all of our actions are based on ego, this isn't new and nothing will ever change that. Even in this loop of misfortune it's still built on our definition of love and emotional connection and I get to guard that for eternity. I'm satisfied with my choice.

Batty 08-25-2014 09:16 AM

I was actually thinking that the "fake daughter" and the reference to being "in the closet" would've been a different brand of metaphors somewhere down the road. I was waiting for it (yes trollmo)

Well done on this tho, V. You put in some work, turn around time was crazy.

veritas 08-25-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Objective (Post 388973)
Survival instinct -> Ego -> What drives us to begin with. If ego didn't drive us everyone would adopt as we're over populated and there's no need to make your own children.
And in the situation you portray my actions would be purely based on survival, specially when panic and distress is a huge part of it. The correct play would be like you say, but I played this how I think I would have played my cards. Humans are flawed and we take care of our own in the best way we can, in this case this is what I think I would have done. Reason and logic does not go hand in hand with panic and distress. If my daughter knew she probably wouldn't understand the whole picture due to her age, but the ego and emotional connection I have with her and what she has to me would still make her understand my decision.

Humans are flawed V and all of our actions are based on ego, this isn't new and nothing will ever change that. Even in this loop of misfortune it's still built on our definition of love and emotional connection and I get to guard that for eternity. I'm satisfied with my choice.

Well said. This story is a human attempt at multidimensional understanding. You are looking at love in very temporal and corporeal nomenclatures. All good bro. Thanks for playing!

veritas 08-25-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batty (Post 389070)
I was actually thinking that the "fake daughter" and the reference to being "in the closet" would've been a different brand of metaphors somewhere down the road. I was waiting for it (yes trollmo)

Well done on this tho, V. You put in some work, turn around time was crazy.

Nods.

This caught snarf touching his pink thing for sure old friend.